Monday, December 13, 2010

Tougher than sharing a husband - we share a kitchen.

I've gotten into the habit of screening my phone calls.  Leave a message and I will listen to it in between loads of laundry and return your call sometime when I'm on the road.  But there are some people whose calls I pick up on the first ring.  One is my sister.  Some calls are facts-based only.  Some are emotional and some are slap-your-knee funny.  Since I'm the older sister, her call on my birthday was assumed to be wishing me well, you're THAT much older than me now, yada, yada. But the tone, was different.  After that call, a quiet birthday dinner and discussion with Hubby M, followed by a "family meeting" with my sons  . . . .   My sister and her family moved into our house with three weeks notice. 

We are merging termporarily into one house, that luckily can handle the load.  We combine a toddler with teens.  My boys now live with girls.  In age range, we go from preschool to college.  The two dogs have cat people sharing door duty and offering Milk bones.  The Southerners have moved north, with their ten pairs of underwear each and snow gear that has seen one week of vacation skiing. 

It promises to be an adventure worthy of a TLC reality show or a least a blog to keep us out of each other's hair.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment